Of life, love, cats, dogs (and everything else in between).

Monday, November 27, 2006

C'est La Vie



Overdue picture of Chester and the stuff he won at the SKC Dog Show last month. My dog won a dvd player for me (and a whole carton of dog food for himself) and he sure looks pleased in this picture! Who cares if it's not a branded one? This one's real sleek and compact, just what i need in a room that's already overly cluttered! Anyway, i finally got the tv shifted from the blue room to the yellow room and got Dan to set up the dvd player for me on Sunday. Feels good to have a man around to help me do stuff even though i'm perfectly capable of doing them myself!

Anyway, it has been a rollercoaster week. In the midst of preparing for my big day, a dear one passed away. In the midst of our sorrow, i suppose we need to take heart in the fact that she's gone home to the Creator and Home, will never ever a bad place to be.

So yeah, we went for our first gown fitting for the photoshoot in January and it was awesome. It was quite difficult to make a choice because the gowns i tried were all really beautiful (Dan agreed too!). In the end, i picked two bridal gown - one with a long, long train with lacy floral embellishments and another sleek, halter-necked one. Chose two evening gowns too - one purple (Barney-purple!) iridescent low-backed one and a simple, black polyester one (fake leather alert!). We may decide to replace one of these dresses for a traditional kua, so we can muck around and fun! We'll see.

It's good that Dan and I have similar taste and hence face little problems when deciding stuff for the wedding. Even when we were deciding on the song list and dishes for the wedding dinner, it took us barely 10 minutes. Now, i'll just need to finish typing out the wedding mass book and then that'll be crossed out from the to-do-list too. Looks like everything's on target! Time to update our wedding blog too!

Anyhoooo, after telling Dan (and God knows who) umpteenth times never to coil Chester's leash around their hands/fingers lest he bolts off and takes one of your appendages off, it happened to me yesterday! Nope, he didn't take my hand off, but he nearly did. I now have an extremely swollen, sore and bruised ring finger on my right hand. The pain was so excruciating when it happened, i thought i may even have fractured my finger! But i'm glad i didn't and i sure am thankful!

The first thought that came into my head was the fact that i probably cannot type with that finger for at least a week or two. Now, that says alot about my reliance on the computer, doesn't it? This morning, i woke up, feeling the tingly pain in my finger, and it dawned upon me that i wouldn't be able to hold a scalpel blade handle as well - which means i can't teach the lesson i was supposed to teach today! Then in the car, i suddenly realised i also wouldn't be able to play the piano for awhile too!!! I just hope it'll come right soon because i'll need it for the course performance as well as the x'mas carolling session.

Time to stock up on my Ammeltz!

p.s. Psssst...I have a picture of me in a wedding gown! Wanna see?

7 Comments:

Blogger jellybeano said...

I wanna see! I wanna see! *nosey parker*

8:45 PM

 
Blogger manniqueen said...

jellybeano -

Hahaha! Ask Toto to kiss me first!!! :P

11:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also want to see!!!

king will kiss you too!!

12:00 PM

 
Blogger manniqueen said...

s -

king must kiss chester!!!! hee
hee!!

now, that's not too difficult rite?

12:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna see too but she won't let me! boo hooo..

1:23 PM

 
Blogger jellybeano said...

Eh, Toto kiss you also not difficult mar... just smear beef paste on your lips la. Hurry up leh. Show leh show leh.

3:23 PM

 
Blogger manniqueen said...

:P

1:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home