Of life, love, cats, dogs (and everything else in between).

Thursday, November 9, 2006

It's My Life

It's been awhile, i know!

I've been bogged down by dog-training, classes, work and entertaining a few irritating people. Now and then, i suppose we meet one or two of these people who need to step all over someone else to feed their delusions of grandeur. I find that really annoying and totally uncecessary. I think age plays a part in making a person more confident and self-assured - less envious of what others have and more aware of the blessings they should count. I know for sure i don't need to stoop that low to feel good - sure signs that i'm aging. Hahah!

Mad rush last week because of the group performance but i think the group nailed it, considering the fact that our vocal range is so so so diverse and we aren't exactly the best singers in class. The girls came over to my place for practice and one of them absolutely adores Chester while the other was petrified! G, the doggy-loving one spent most of her time playing with the dog and the boy was just elated to have a new person who was patient enough to play fetch with him and throw the ball 1001001 times. In his excitement, he pounced on her and gave her face a few good licks and ended up taking off some of her very pretty makeup. I later also found some glittery stuff (suspected to be G's eyeshadow) on his nose and tongue!

Work's been busy, busy, busy. Interviewing potential candidates to join my team is kinda interesting because i never thought i'd have the power to decide who joins and who doesn't. As big boss always says, "Power corrupts, but power sure rocks!" I can't agree more. I think i'm gonna stay put in this job for awhile.

Over dinner that day, i was just musing with Dan about setting up my own online store but i suppose that won't materialise till awhile later. Still, it's important to set goals and remind yourself to work towards it. Well 2 years ago, my new year resolution was to get Chester started with Agility and trial him just for the fun of it! Now, it's all starting to fall in place (it took a job change!) and if he's good enough next year, he'll be in the ring competing with other dogs. Nevermind even if he doesn't make the cut, the bond we forged and the fun he had during the entire process is enough to make me smile. It just amazes me, how much a dog can learn, if and only if you're willing to put in the time and effort.

On a love-dovey note, it's our 8.5 year anniversary today!!! Dan very readily said an emphatic "happy anniversary" last night at 11pm in case i was already asleep at midnight! Soon enough, it'll be our 9th and then the big day!! To-do list is still quite lengthy though but nevermind that. I'm looking forward to dinner at Don tonight and then my extended break. No work tomorrow! No work on Monday! Sweeet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home