Of life, love, cats, dogs (and everything else in between).

Monday, November 20, 2006

Surprise!




This is the surprise i got in the morning - a shrivelled-to-the-bone lizard on my desk!!!! If it was alive, i would have dealt it with my most colourful vocab but since it was long gone and very dehydrated, i thought i'd give the dead some respect. But still, it's GROSS. I was majorly majorly MAJORLY grossed out.

YUCKS.

Anyways, i was showering yesterday when i heard Dad and Qiqi singing together. It was really funny - Dad's polished, beautiful voice coupled with Qiqi's raw, out-of-tune voice. It sorta made me think of the times Dad and I shared when i was kid, and that made me emo for awhile. I must admit i was abit of a rebel when i was young(er) but even so, i was always afraid of incurring the wrath of Dad. If you've ever seen him getting mad, you would too! *shudders*

I remember this incident where i got 7 ear piercings at one shot and was sososo afraid that Dad would scream his head off. In the end, the old man actually said "CHEH!" and reckoned it was no crime worth fussing over. When i got older and the family got tighter, i was still scared of him. But it became different - i was scared of hurting my much-loved Daddy more than simply just fearing a high-and-mighty father figure.

Dad has always been my greatest influence and my pillar of support. I think he's one of the coolest Dad around! Dya know he even offered to accompany me (and get himself a scorpion tattoo) when i wanted to get inked? And no, i don't think he was joking! But of course, like any self-respecting daughter, i didn't allow him to do that la!!

Deep down i just know, I'd never, ever, ever have gotten so far in life if it weren't for him.

This rainy weather. So apt for feeling emo.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no..

it's starting.. all the emo.. leadin up to the wedding..

Get all the tissues ready..

remember to recycle, re-use though okies?

:P

7:27 PM

 
Blogger darkmuze said...

cheers to all the great daddies in the world yo!

12:30 AM

 
Blogger jellybeano said...

eh, wah lao, grossed out still can take photo. well done leh.

1:35 PM

 
Blogger becks said...

aawww......wish i had a dad like yours!!! :)

4:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah - i must say UNCLE is so cool the coolest uncle around, except for the other one when he comes in his sexy see-through black top....

9:49 AM

 
Blogger manniqueen said...

s - yeahh...emo emo about everything and anything. already made mental note to remember to wear super hardcore waterproof mascara!! :P

darkmuze - yeah! right on!! :)

jellybeano - actually ah, i took picture so i can mms my sister and freak her out! abit lonely to be grossed out on my own haha!

becks - i'm sure your daddy is cool in his own way!! :)

caroline - hahahaha! yah!! it's time he got another sexy top liao...getting abit boring leh! :P

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home