Of life, love, cats, dogs (and everything else in between).

Friday, September 14, 2007

All I Want For X'mas Is My New Home!

So we got the lawyer's letter to inform us that the TOP of our new home will be in the first quarter of next year as expected, but Dan text me this morning to tell me that TL, a friend who will be our new neighbour too, has received notification that the TOP of our block will be in November this year!!

If this is indeed true, that will be so so so so exciting! Dan was as excited as me and even managed to cough up this excel spreadsheet "home improvement.xls" for all the neccessities and had it emailed to me at lightning speed! I've said it alot of times but i can't wait to have my own kitchen - to stock up all the herbs and spices i like (some of which Mum finds pretty revolting i think), have a good oven for baking and get some spunky dining ware. Mum's got alot of kitchen ware for me though....deep fryer, steamboat/teppanyaki pot, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer....so thank God i wouldn't have to spend more satisfying my cooking urges!

It's probably abit idealistic and romantic to even think that i would have time to cook rendang or bake durian sponge cakes after we get our own place and becoming a mum, but at least that's what i'd like to achieve and will definitely work towards! It baffles me how some women can juggle husband, work, kids (and dogs and cats!) all at once but i guess when the time comes, i'll know!

Sometimes i wonder how my parents did it, both of them being working parents, having to take care of the home and do the chores, yet still being able to spend quality time with us and giving us the best. Perhaps parents nowadays are too busy to even spend a couple of minutes with their kids (and kids nowadays are probably too complex to enjoy simple things too), but i remember how Dad used to read bedtime stories to us every single day without fail, all the way till i was 9 or 10 if i'm not wrong. During weekends, Mum and Dad will bring us out to the beach, Botanic Gdns, some random park....if not, Mum will do fun things with us like baking, playing with dough or making crafts. AND all the while, poor pa and ma still had tonnes of books to mark, neverending chores to do and our numerous pets to look after!!!

But i guess, as Dad always reminds us, his love for us is without complaints and without regret (无怨无悔, so he says). Mum and Dad will always remain my role models where being a good spouse and parent is concerned and i hope that in days to come, me and Dan will be our kids' role models as well!

Anyways, on a lighter note, Christmas is only 3 months away but before that, i can't wait to return to Perth!! Don't ask me why i'm obsessed with Christmas, but i have been, ever since i was a kid! Christmas has always been special, not just for me and Dan, but for the family as well. Just awhile ago, we were planning for Christmas but now my only hope is that the house will be ready by then so we can have our Christmas celebration at our new home, complete with a Christmas tree and truckloads of presents!!

2 Comments:

Blogger darkmuze said...

I so love Christmas too! I guess its just that special, magical feeling it evokes. I really hope to experience it in New York or in a cottage with a fireplace with snow falling outside. With good company of course.

Sounds like u have a solid and warm upbringing. R your parents teachers? cause u mention marking books.

Anyway, hope u get your wish!

11:07 PM

 
Blogger manniqueen said...

spot on! my folks are teachers! :D

thanks for dropping by!

2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home