Of life, love, cats, dogs (and everything else in between).

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wednesday Going On Thursday

I'm possibly addicted to Fruit Tree's new apple pomegranate juice, facebook and Channel U's pseudo infernal affairs at the moment but i guess that's because i no longer have any vices in life now! Partially by choice, no more late nights, booze and fags anymore, though i did have a good, puffy dream that night only to be rudely awaken by Dad's incessant nagging (in the dream)!!

Anyways, make that 2 of us being addicted to the Channel U series because Dan and I have been glued to the teevee at 10pm every night since the start of the series!!! We initially found the show kinda wacky but it just grew on us and now we're hooked! Thank God tonight's the last episode....heh!

So it's all been good, even though health-wise, i've been feeling a little under the weather. But i still managed to complete another trial with Chester and came in 3rd for the "Best Trick" event during the last SKC dog show! Hats off to the 2 other dogs that came in 1st and 2nd - they were brilliant and i felt a little embarassed that we picked up the 3rd prize instead of another young girl (with her sheltie) that put in so so so much effort! I really need to think of more tricks to perform with Chester, maybe something like picking tennis balls and dropping them into a wastepaper basket, or something stupid fun!!

Anyway, this period seems like a season of discontentment for a lot of people. Or rather, previously discontented people seem to be getting more and more discontented! I dunno why many people get disgruntled and miserable over seemingly trivial things (to me la) and many seemed to be obsessed in trying to prove that they're better off than others. It's that "if you have this, i wanna have it better" mentality that i don't understand at all. And to openly flaunt and put yourself on a pedestal just to make a statement to those whom you think have it better than you, i think it really shows how much self-confidence you have.

I suppose we all get insecure now and then, but to be overly obsessed with trying to look better (figuratively) than someone else is really quite silly. But i suppose having a false sense of security is better than none? I dunno...i just think it is really quite loser-ish.

This brings me to recall a quote i heard from one of my instructors at Music Forest. I think i mentioned this before in one of my earlier posts but anyways, she said, "A person possesses true confidence because he is genuinely happy and contented with what he has, and NOT because he has more or better things than someone else." Words of wisdom sial.

So please la, if you're one of those guilty of the abovementioned, please don't act like that anymore because it is unecessary and people actually CAN tell that you are just a sore loser. When you try too hard to prove a point, there really is no point at all. It's just going to be a downward spiral for you if you don't get a grip and you'll never ever be truly happy with what you have because you're too busy trying to prove that you're happier than the next person. People won't spend time envying you or wishing they were you because it's obvious you're not even happy with yourself and your life, and you probably wish you were someone else!

Anyhooooo, I have so many random things to say i dunno where to start! Mooncake festival is just around the corner and i've always loved it! Even just a couple of years ago, Dan and I still went to Chinese Garden with my folks to look at the lights, lanterns and we even got to carry paper latterns around. I'm hoping i can get a cellophane one this year - better still if it's a butterfly or bird one (don't ask me why) with sequins and glitters! I know a shop in Holland Village that sells those old-school latterns, where else? Chinatown got?

Mooncake Festival is also a time to unleash the mooncake monster in you. I've never been big on mooncakes (ooooh, i like the teochew ones though!) but i remember how Mum would always bring mooncakes for me when i was in Aussieland. The trouble she had to go through just to get past custom!!!! I'll never forget how Mum saw me through those tedious times. Anyways, even though i'm not a mooncake monster, the hubby is and to reward him for being an 二十四孝老公 (people used to tell me i have a 二十四孝老爸 though, so now that Dad has retired, Dan has taken over the honour!), i got 4 big, round mooncakes for him - double yolk (yikes!), single yolk, durian and green-tea flavoured! Gonna go scout for teochew mooncakes soon!

What have you guys been up to? And to the 1 or 2 of my blogders who were contemplating doing vet school/in vet school, how have y'all been? E-mail me!

3 Comments:

Blogger steel_lake said...

that reminds me... its time for me to hunt for deng1 mi2 again... sigh...

8:29 PM

 
Blogger manniqueen said...

hahahahhaah!!! every year also you in charge of deng mi meh?

call my sis or dad! they on holiday now so sure damn free to think for u....hehe! =P

10:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...

I am one of vet wannabes. I remember writing to you a long time ago about going to vet school.

Well, I am now in my 2nd year of vet school. I like it but am studying so hard..it really sucks!

Christine

4:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home