Of life, love, cats, dogs (and everything else in between).

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Random Tuesday

So the inspection by the "local regulatory body" turned out pretty good because as i had expected, the big boss, being his dua bai (大牌) self, warded off all unnecessary queries with his presence alone. Although i had to lunch with the "inspectors", it wasn't all that bad because one of them used to be a student that was attached to MP (where i used to work), so we had lots to catch up on - including reminiscing about how she got mauled by one of the cats during her stint there. Added bonus was that the boss bought us all lunch and i got to have yummy spaghetti vongole too!! Side tracking....Dan and I went to this Italian joint named Sketchers @ Bugis Junction last Saturday and had some pretty decent pasta. Not as good as the big names like Da Paolo or Zambuca of course, or even Cafe 211 which happens to be out favourite place for moderately-priced pasta, but nevertheless, it's a place we'll definitely return to for good pasta.

I'm finally getting back into the swing of things, after the holiday and MC. Resumed training with the dog over the weekend which is great because i know i'll be out of action in a couple of months' time and i hope to do as much as i can while the size of my tummy is still manageable and under control!

The news of our impending bb has spread abit and everyone has been fussing about it! Newly-promoted daddy has been an absolute sweetie (though he claims he has been one for the past 10 years already hehe!) and has managed to stock up quite abit of stuff for his little prince/princess. Even my mother-in-law got all exasperated when she told him where to get discounted bottle sterilisers, but he ended up coming home with one which was thrice the price of the cheap one!! "Only the best for my baby!", says the daddy and i can't agree more! I, on the other hand, am finally done with the morning sickness and can finally resume my normal routines - healthy ones of course! One of my colleagues has promised to teach me how to knit baby booties and i can't wait to start soon since the risk of spewing my lunch all over the wool and needles is probably zero now. Tell me if you wanna see the ultrasound pics!

Anyways, we checked out our new place last week and were pleasantly surprised at the progress. I can see our cabinets already and the belcony is more or less done up! Nice!! Check out the blue unit - that's our new home. :D

Besides our new home looking like it's gone for a makeover (the last time we saw it, it was still a big mess), Scooby went for a major nip and tuck too. Now, he's even louder than before! Was just joking with the hubby that i can't pick my nose in the car anymore because Scooby is definitely an attention-grabber and when people look at the car, they can see me picking at my snot too!


Anyway, talking about cars and such, I thought it was really funny that the male zhngsters (that have become Dads or are going to be one) on the local Subaru forum actually discuss about things like car seats for babies (ok, this is normal but check out the rest), milk powder, gynaes that their wives' go to and ante-natal classes!! I thought it was hilarious when Dan started discussing these stuff with me and telling me what the other forumers were saying but i guess it's also heartwarming in a funny way! So now we know that there are alot of Subaru ah bengs out there who are sweet, doting dads too! Muahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home