Of life, love, cats, dogs (and everything else in between).

Friday, November 30, 2007

November Rain

The husband finally started work at the other academic institute recently and after only 3 days, i can feel and understand his pain just listening to him talk about what goes on at work. There's probably nothing good about the new job except for the fact that we're closer in proximity and can meet up for lunch and also get home quick enough to go places for dinner. Apart from that, we both agree in unison that my academic institute is a better place to be in and the husband jokingly (i assume, even though he insists he's serious) asked if there is an opening in my department because in his words, he just can't wait to leave that sickening place and would prefer to take a paycut and "everyday go for *erhem* breaks with Jon and play basketball after work".

I reminded him that we do have to deal with alot of stinky creatures (though in my opinion, they are nicer smelling than alot of other stinky people) and there's lotsa chor gang (manual work) involved too! I mop the theatres sometimes even though i don't have to, but i suppose when you have good colleagues and a great team to work with, even mopping the floor can seem like the best job in the world. Even though the nature of my current job isn't exactly my dream job, I'm glad i dumped my previous job for this and have never looked back since.

Anyway, I guess i understand how that feels...to have to drag yourself to work everyday and feel miserable even before the day starts. Maybe because i've never been a pragmatic person and have always been idealistic, i don't believe in being miserable over a meagre paycheck. If the husband decides to walk out of the job tomorrow, i rather he do so rather than feel down and out being stuck in a lousy job (in a lousy location). After all, i've done it before and in a way, it really is quite liberating!

It isn't always good to be reckless but like i always say, when you've gotta do it, you've just gotta do it. I just hope things work out okay job-wise for the husband soon. With his immense interest in giving his car facelifts and my interest in art and designing, maybe we can set up our own car art shop next time. Well at least i've found out what printer we can use so thats a good start? Now i just need more time, a new tablet, better software and more money! Hehehe!

On another note, it's the last day of November and the chances of spending x'mas in our new home seem to be pretty slim (SIGH). Looks like all the turkey and roast we planned to enjoy in our nest won't be happening, but still, we can do this again since after all, we loved this place so much we've spent 2 consecutive x'mases there!!

Even though the end of November didn't spell good news for me in terms of getting our house keys, i was pleasantly surprised that my scientific poster at one of the regional conferences won the "President's Prize" yesterday! It was my first attempt at doing up a scientific poster and even though i thought a lot of the other posters were far more superior than mine in terms of topic and presentation, it was great to know that my efforts were recognised cos i did spend quite a bit of time putting everything together! The husband said it must be the cute pictures, the presenter (erhem!!) and possibly some mojo from the baby that bagged me the prize - too bad we chose to go for sushi and cha soba last night and decided to skip the conference dinner, if not i could have personally received the prize myself!

Anyway it's Friday again and we're off for a gynae visit tomorrow to check on the (naughty) little one who boogie-woogies in my tummy every morning and gives flying kicks on the husband's hand everytime he sayangs my bump. I don't think motherhood will be easy at all but with faith and lots of love from everyone around me, i believe i'll have a whale of a time! Bring 2008 on please!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home